The Website will also have the ability to be made aware of all of the services requested by users, such that they can facilitate or offer information tailored to the interests and preferences of each user.
- a) Types, purpose and functioning of cookies
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session and persistent cookies. The former expire when the user closes the web browser. The latter expire when the purpose they serve has been met (for example, so that the user remains identified in the services) or when deleted manually.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, cookies can be classified as follows:
- Performance cookies: These cookies remember your preferences for the tools found in the services, and therefore you do not have to reset the service each time you visit the website. As an example, this type of cookie includes:
- Volume settings of video or audio players.
- Video transmission speed compatible with the user’s web browser.
- Geolocation cookies: These cookies are used to find out the country the user is in when he/she asks for a service. This cookie is absolutely anonymous and it is only used to help guide the content to the user’s location.
- Registration cookies: Registration cookies are generated once the user has registered or started a session. They are used to identify the user in the services with the following objectives:
- To keep the user identified so that if they close a service, the browser or the device and then later return to service, they will be recognized and can resume browsing without having to be identified. Users can prevent this from happening by clicking on “end session” so that the cookie is deleted. The next time the user enters the service, they will have to start another session to be identified.
- To check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a competition.
- Analytical cookies: Each time a user visits a service, an external provider tool (Google Analytics, Comscore and others like them which may be added to this list in the case of any changes) generates an analytical cookie on the user’s device. This cookie is only generated during the visit and will be used in future visits to the Website to identify the visitor anonymously. The main aims to be achieved are the following:
- To allow for the anonymous identification of users through a ‘cookie’ (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore keep an account of the approximate number of visitors and the amount of time spent using the service.
- To anonymously identify the most visited contents, which are therefore the most attractive to users.
- To know if the user accesses are new or repeat visits.
Important: Unless the user decides to register in a service of the Website, the ‘cookie’ will never be associated with any personal data which may identify them. These cookies are only used for statistical purposes that help to optimize the experience of users on the site.
- ComScore: http://www.comscore.com/About-comScore/Privacy-Policy
- Google Analytics: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
- Advertising cookies: This type of cookie is used to increase the information from the advertisements shown to each anonymous user of the services of the Website.Among other purposes they record how long users look at advertisements, how many times they look at and interact with them, and the browsing and/or behavioral patterns of users, in order to build a profile of advertising interest. This enables us to display advertising that is of interest to the user.
- b) How to disable cookies in the main browsers
Usually, it is possible to disable the web browser cookies, or stop accepting the cookies of a particular service.
All modern web browsers change the cookies settings. These settings are usually found in ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ of the browser’s menu. At the same time, the user can set their web browser or e-mail manager, as well as install free add-ons to prevent Web Bugs from being downloaded when opening an e-mail.
The Website offers guidance for users on the steps to follow to access cookie settings in the browser, and how to browse privately in each of the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
For more information, see Microsoft support or the browser Help function.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom Setup.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced settings -> Privacy -> Content settings.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
For more information, see Apple support or the browser Help function.
Updates and changes to the privacy / cookies policy
The Website may make changes to this Cookies Policy as required by the law or regulations in force or adapt it to the guidelines of the Spanish Data Protection Agency. We therefore advise users to visit this page regularly.
When the changes to this Cookies Policy are significant, users will be notified of this on the website, or an email with this information will be sent to registered users.